How are you going to pay for Christmas in January and February?
This is the place to apply for tanker truck driving positions at Highway Transport Chemical. Currently, the greatest needs are in the following
About Highway Transport
Highway Transport has been in business since 1948. 68+ years of continuous transportation service. We are family-owned and have nationwide strategic service centers providing bulk transportation for the chemical industry throughout the 48 states and Canada.
“The Watkins family is a solid trucking family with a lifelong commitment to the trucking industry. Trucking and logistics will always be at our core.”
- Utilizes both company tanker truck drivers and owner operators
- Equipment – 300 tractors and 450 tank trailers
- Regional loads out-back from our terminals represents 80% of our business
Responsible Stewardship at Highway Transport
- Certified RCMS (Responsible Care Management Systems) carrier and terminals
- SmartWay Transport Partner
- Satellite QUALCOMM electronic logs and VIR’s
Highway Transport’s Mission & Vision
Mission Statement: Our mission is to provide the highest quality, safest, efficient transportation services for our customers, that provides security for our employees and meet stockholders expectations.
Highway Transport is a growing profitable transportation and logistics organization utilizing leading technology.
We are people-oriented, customer driven, providing qualified trained personnel to surpass customer requirements.
Our culture is defined by strong ethics, individual responsibility and accountability with continual improvement in a dynamic global environment.
- Safety focused
- Quality driven
- People oriented
- Employee development
- Customer satisfaction
- Regulatory compliance
Strong supplier partnerships
Responsible Care Statement
Highway Transport’s Quality Driven Delivery Management System policy has been developed by Highway Transport’s Senior Management and serves as a visible commitment to ensuring the health and safety of its workers, protecting the environment and minimizing the impact of our operations on the highways we operate and the areas where we manage terminal facilities.
Highway Transport shall comply with its Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Policy and Programs, Department of Transportation Regulations, applicable OSHA and EPA/State environmental regulations and applicable local regulations.
Highway Transport is committed to the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible care program and maintaining a Responsible Care Management System partnership.
Highway Transport is committed to the establishment of Quality Driven Delivery goals and targets as benchmarks to ensure a path of continual improvement with respect to RCMS guidelines and objectives.
Highway Transport is committed to openness with the appropriate stakeholders.
Highway Transport is committed to train all workers regarding the importance of Safety, Health, Environment and Security as each affects their role in the company and the role they play as stewards of the policies and programs.
As a bulk transporter of a variety of commodities that can potentially impact the environment, Highway Transport understands the importance of maintaining the highest Quality Driven Delivery standards. Consequently, Highway Transport is committed to continually reducing the impact of our operations on the environment and to preventing pollution through a commitment to Quality Driven Delivery and RCMS standards.
Benefits with Highway Transport
- Choice of three Group Health plans effective 30 days after hired
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance available at group rates
- Short and long term disability plans available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match (50 cents on every dollar up to 6%)
- 8 Paid holidays
- Vacation time
- 2 weeks after first year
- 3 weeks after 5 years
- Option for pay in lieu of time off
Advantages with Highway Transport
- Guarantee Plus Pay Program (“G3P”) for each terminal location
- Mileage scale and accessorial hourly pay
- ADP bi-weekly direct deposit
- Detailed Online Settlements
- Longevity service pay scale
- 3, 5, 7 and 9 year service pay increases
- Safety award program
- Yearly awards
- Million mile award
- Company-provided uniforms
- Assigned truck driver manager
- Assigned late-model tractors
- Open door policy