NEW: Highway Transport’s top earners grossed over $220,000+ last year in 2017! As of January 2018, Highway Transport’s pay scale for contractors increases again + contractors receive increased rate after the first hour of detention. Our Owner Operators enjoy a wide range of advantages and steady freight to make your move to Highway Transport a positive – and profitable – one for your truck driving business.
TECH NOTE: New ELD Regulations take effect soon. Owner operators, Highway Transport will set ELD up for you.
Discover more info at the blog post How to Be a Successful Contractor in Trucking. A stable, safety focused company, we offer Owner Operators outstanding support. Highway Transport holds all tanker drivers in the highest regard. Ask anyone about Highway Transport’s respect and concern for all truck drivers throughout the trucking industry. Discover more info about partnering with Highway Transport and staying healthy.
- Require Tanker, HazMat endorsements, and a TWIC card
- Prefer tractor 5 years old or less, weighing 18,500 pounds or less
- Clean driving record
- Must be willing to run system (OTR)
- Must have truck driving experience of past 24 months driving tractor trailer
- No up front costs
- Mileage pay/paid weekly with direct deposit
- Fuel taxes paid and billed back quarterly
- Purchase fuel at our terminals at Highway Transport Chemical’s cost
- Reasonable Insurance available
- Spouse Rider program
- Base Plate rental program
- Optional maintenance reserve account
- Paid Orientation
- Highway Transport sets up your ELD
- Loads within 150 mile radius: percentage of line haul revenue + fuel surcharge
- Loads over 150 mile radius: mileage scale adjusted weekly based on fuel index
Where We Need Owner Operators
- Croydon, PA – $5,000 sign on bonus!
- Pittsburgh, PA – $5,000 sign on bonus!
- Geismar, LA
- La Porte, TX
- Freeport, TX
- Florence, KY – $5,000 sign on bonus!
- Cincinnati, OH – $5,000 sign on bonus!
A Trucking Legacy You Can Trust
2018 marks Highway Transport’s 70th Year in Business.